How to register to vote
To register online to vote, residents can go to the state of Georgia’s voter registration website (click here) to fill out a five-step form and submit identifying information.
Voter Registration Applications can be picked up in person at any state or government office, including public libraries, schools, county board of registrar’s officers, or election offices. To locate those offices by county, click here.
Through the mail
Residents can download an application (click here) or pick one up from any state or government office, including public libraries, schools. county board of registrar’s officers or election offices. To locate those offices by county, click here.
Fill out the form completely and follow directions on the form for where to mail it.
After you register
After registering, you will receive a voter registration card. If you do no receive the card within four weeks, contact your county registrar’s office. To locate those offices by county, click here.
All voters must have an acceptable ID in order to vote.
Acceptable voter ID’s in Georgia
- Any valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including a free ID Card issued by your county registrar’s office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS)
- A Georgia Driver’s License, even if expired
- Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the
- U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state
- Valid U.S. passport ID
- Valid U.S. military photo ID
- Valid tribal photo ID
- Georgia Voter ID card. More on how to obtain that card, here.
Photo credit: Register to Vote Here by Theodore Chen.