As you know, important midterm elections are coming up Nov. 6, 2018. From the governorship of Georgia to the Glynn County Board of education, Democrats will be competing in key races up and down the ballot this year.
Glynn Dems will be organizing in our local precincts starting today to identify, energize and activate Democrats all across Glynn County to register to vote and to get out the vote in these critical elections.
Do you know which voting district and precinct you live in? Go to Ga.gov. There you can find out if you are registered to vote and which district and precinct you live in. You can also register to vote right there.
Let us know if you want to get involved in our grass roots efforts to elect Democrats in Glynn County in 2018. Democrats in each of the five Glynn County Districts meet once a month to engage and activate voters in their districts and precincts. Visit our Facebook page or join our Facebook group, subscribe to our calendar to keep up to date on district meetings and activities, and if you haven’t already, sign up to stay in touch.
Thank you for your support.
6:00 p.m., January 18, 2018
2302 Townsend St., #3
Brunswick, GA 31520
Four duly elected members of the Glynn County Democratic Committee have resigned their positions on the Committee for various reasons. The resulting vacancies are:
- District 2 – one (1) District Representative position.
- District 3 – one (1) District Representative position.
- District 4 – two (2) District Representative positions.
The Chair of the Committee, Audrey Gibbons, has called a Special Meeting of the Executive Committee for 6:00 p.m. on January 18, 2018, in her offices located at 2302 Townsend Street, Suite #3 in Brunswick to elect by secret ballot the new appointees to fill those vacancies.
Any Glynn Dem interested to become a candidate for appointment to one of these Committee positions should contact Audrey Gibbons by email at email@example.com.
- A candidate must reside in the County Commission District to qualify to run for the District Representative position in that District.
In their emails to Ms. Gibbons, interested Glynn Dems should include the following:
- The position to which they would like to be appointed.
Their contact information.
- A statement certifying that they are qualified for the position they are seeking by virtue of their residency
- An indication either (i) that they will attend the Special Meeting and speak in support of their candidacy, or (ii) that they will not attend the Special Meeting but are enclosing a statement in support of their candidacy.
All candidates who wish to support their candidacy in person must arrive at the Special Meeting and sign-in by 6:00 p.m. to be considered for appointment.
All Glynn County Democrats are invited to attend this special District 2 monthly meeting to celebrate the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
St. Ignatius Chapel
2906 Demere Road
St. Simons Island, GA 31522
January 15, 2018
6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Dr. King led the Civil Rights Movement to bring equality and dignity to all people. We will hear personal tributes to this courageous martyr from local leaders.
Retired minister, civil rights advocate
Glynn County educator
Registrar at Glynn Academy
Chair, Glynn County Democratic Committee
We will close by singing “We Shall Overcome” in remembrance of Dr. King and his singular place in American history as we find inspiration for 2018.
- Tuesday, December 5th – Glynn County Mainland Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee will be held 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. in the Second Floor Conference room, W. Harold Pate Courthouse Annex, 1725 Reynolds Street, Brunswick, GA 31520.
- Thursday, December 7th – Glynn County Board of Commissioners meeting will be held at 6 p.m. in the Historic Brunswick Courthouse, 701 G Street, Brunswick, GA 31520. The agenda and “reports” should be available on-line by the end of business on Friday, December 1st.
- Tuesday, December 12th – Islands Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee meeting will be held 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. in the St. Simons Casino Building, Room 108, 550 Beachview Drive, St. Simons Island, GA 31522.
- Wednesday, December 13th – Meeting of Islands Planning Commission will be held at 6 p.m. at St William Catholic Church, 2300 Frederica Rd, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522. The agenda and reports should be available on-line on or before December 8th.
- Thursday, December 21st – Glynn County Board of Commissioners meeting will be held at 6 p.m. in the Historic Brunswick Courthouse, 701 G Street, Brunswick, GA 31520. The agenda and “reports” should be available on-line by the end of business on December 15th.
There will be no Glynn County Democrat Monthly Meeting in December.
Our next county-wide and district meetings will be held in January.
Look Who’s Coming To Paine College Awareness Day
at the St. Andrews Christian Methodist Episcopal Church
Sunday October 29, 2017 at 11:00 a.m.
and you are invited.
St. Andrews Christian Methodist Episcopal Church
2101 Albany Street, Brunswick, Georgia 31520 (Directions) (912) 265-0565
Rev. George A. Jackson – Pastor