The Glynn County Democratic Party is dedicated to making our society better, fair and equal. Our mission starts right here – in Glynn County – promoting values that unite us and lift up all people, not just the top 1 percent of the country. We are dedicated to winning elections from the local to state to national level. We are focused on the issues that matter to Glynn County and the nation. We are dedicated to recruiting, supporting and electing candidates who will help all the people.
- We believe that today’s extreme level of income and wealth inequality makes our economy weaker, our communities poorer, and our politics poisonous.
- We must fix the fact that race still plays a significant role in determining who gets ahead in America and who gets left behind.
- We believe a good education is a basic right of all Americans, no matter what zip code they live in.
- We believe in guaranteeing equal pay for women.
- We believe that the greed, recklessness, and illegal behavior on Wall Street must be stopped.
- We believe in protecting citizens’ right to vote, while stopping corporations’ outsized influence in elections.
- We believe that climate change poses a real and urgent threat.
- We believe that diversity is not our problem—it is our promise.
- We are proud of our heritage as a nation of immigrants. We know that today’s immigrants are tomorrow’s teachers, doctors, lawyers, government leaders, soldiers, entrepreneurs, activists, PTA members, and pillars of our communities.
- We believe in protecting civil liberties and guaranteeing civil rights and voting rights, women’s rights and workers’ rights, LGBTQ rights, and rights for people with disabilities.
- We can and we will build a more just economy, a more equal society, and a more perfect union—because we are stronger together.
Join us in social media
- Like our official Glynn County Democrats Facebook page
- Ask to join the Glynn County Democrats Facebook group
- Like the First Congressional District Facebook page
- Join the First Congressional District Facebook group
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
- Subscribed to our YouTube channel
- Opt-in to stay in touch by email and messaging
Source: The 2016 Democratic Party Platform
Photo credit: Historical marker in Glynn County Georgia by Jud McCranie.